This job might no longer be available.
Junior Development Tester [Unannounced VR Project] (299)
Newcastle upon Tyne England gb
10 days ago
As part of the QC team, provide constant support to the assigned development cell(s) or area(s) and to the project as a whole by ensuring all changes submitted to the game are functional and to the expected level of quality.
- Find and report bugs in a clear and concise manner;
- Use project tools to assist in finding, reproducing, debugging, and reporting bugs;
- Track, review, and assign bugs in the database that are relevant to the assigned area(s);
- Perform regular regression of entered bugs to validate that they are fixed;
- Proactively give feedback on the significance of the bugs encountered, the status of the build, and your perception of the game’s quality;
- Stay up-to-date with planned changes and updates from the Development team;
- Validate new/updated specific content, features, and fixes for quality and functionality, both before and after those changes are submitted to the game;
- Maintain test workflows for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency of the project and the quality of the game, with the support of the Lead QA or Senior members of QC;
- Propose and complete smoke tests for the assigned area(s) or of specific builds to ensure they are usable as the project requires;
- Propose and execute test cases for the assigned area(s) with a focus on the efficiency of the project and the quality of the game, with the support of the Lead QA or Senior members of QC;
- Create and maintain relevant documentation to aid with development and testing, with the support of the Lead QA or Senior members of QC;
- With the support of the Lead QA, determine prioritisation of assigned work based on the project’s needs, and clarify requirements with relevant team members where needed;
- Maintain good communication and productive collaboration with all team members on the project;
- Assist in the testing of new/updated project tools before they are deployed;
- Support the Development, Production, and Marketing teams with specific requests;
- Work closely with the Lead QA to ensure that all testing needs for the assigned work are correctly met.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills are essential;
- Ability to problem solve and use initiative;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines;
- Ability to take on and work with given feedback;
- Knowledge of video games industry and common terms of reference is a plus;
- Knowledge of issue tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.);
- Knowledge of the Windows environment and Microsoft Office Software is preferred;
- Knowledge of version control software (e.g. Perforce, GitHub, etc.) is a plus;
- Knowledge of working with console platforms and commonly used game editors is a plus;
- Knowledge of scrum methodology is a plus;
- Relevant experience as a tester (in a video game company is a plus);
- Any other relevant experience outside the games industry according to the skills and knowledge listed above.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Leamington: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.