This job might no longer be available.
Junior Development Operations Engineer (Temp)
New York City, NY
3 months ago
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- 1-3 years' experience w/ AWS and Linux administration
- Expert level understanding Linux
- Excellent knowledge of AWS cloud management concepts and services such as EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53.
- Good knowledge of configuration management tools such as SaltStack & Chef
- System monitoring and performance t-shooting
- Patch management
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Building and deploying multiple frameworks to AWS
- Understanding and familiarity with containerization concepts
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts and tools such as Jenkins
- Ability to support QA with an understanding of experience in integrating unit tests and code quality analysis tools
- Familiarity with NodeJS, Java, Scala, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Technical writing sufficient to document processes developed and communicate to a highly technical team
- Ability to script in order to automate tasks in bash and python. Ruby a plus
- First line support - provide first level assistance to engineering to resolve issues or escalate as necessary
- Deployments - deploy application stacks as necessary to multiple environments in AWS
- Script - write scripts to eliminate the need for manual intervention on repetitive processes
- Patch management - perform patch management ensuring all hosts are up to standards, secure & compliant
- Reporting – provide meaningful reporting data to management & senior DevOps engineers
- On-call – must be available for on-call work