Junior Development Operations Engineer (Temp)
Irvine, CA, United States
3 days ago
Major League Gaming, a division of Activision Blizzard, is a worldwide leader in esports and serves as the operational foundation, partnership hub, and media production network for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League.
For this temp role we are seeking a driven, passionate Junior Development Operations Engineer to play a critical role in developing products that are key to the long-term strategic vision for the company.
As a member of the MLG and Blizzard team, you will work alongside passionate, knowledgeable and experienced teammates to help continue building on our history of success in esports!
- 1-3 years' experience w/ AWS and Linux administration
- Expert level understanding Linux
- Excellent knowledge of AWS cloud management concepts and services such as EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53.
- Good knowledge of configuration management tools such as SaltStack & Chef
- System monitoring and performance t-shooting
- Patch management
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Building and deploying multiple frameworks to AWS
- Understanding and familiarity with containerization concepts
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts and tools such as Jenkins
- Ability to support QA with an understanding of experience in integrating unit tests and code quality analysis tools
- Familiarity with NodeJS, Java, Scala, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Technical writing sufficient to document processes developed and communicate to a highly technical team
- Ability to script in order to automate tasks in bash and python. Ruby a plus
- First line support - provide first level assistance to engineering to resolve issues or escalate as necessary
- Deployments - deploy application stacks as necessary to multiple environments in AWS
- Script - write scripts to eliminate the need for manual intervention on repetitive processes
- Patch management - perform patch management ensuring all hosts are up to standards, secure & compliant
- Reporting – provide meaningful reporting data to management & senior DevOps engineers
- On-call – must be available for on-call work