Junior Developer (C/C++)
8 days ago
Wargaming.net, a leading company in the area of free to play video games, are looking for an early career Junior Developer to join our Nicosia office.
As a member of the Wargaming Rapid Prototyping team, you will work on prototypes, get deep practical knowledge of game development within a dynamic environment.
We are looking for Junior Developers who are keen to learn and grow professionally.
This role reports to the Lead Developer , based in our Nicosia HQ.
What will you do?
- Learn more in-depth C++ knowledge and its practical use. Understanding its advantages and drawbacks in comparison with other programming languages
- Understand the basic principles of working with Unreal Engine
- Study the basic principles of working in a team of programmers, debugging someone else's code, profiling, and looking for code problems
- Work on the basic understanding of developing quick prototypes and large long-term projects
- Collaborate with high level professionals in Wargaming
What are we looking for?
- University degree in a related field
- C++ knowledge
- Some experience with Unreal Engine (nice to have, but not necessary)
- A desire to work in the gaming industry
- Based in Cyprus
- Effective collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills
What the process looks like?
- We will review you CV and you if your skills fit, invite you to a video call with the recruitment team (30 minutes)
- If successful, you will be invited into the office to complete a logic task & a programming task - if the logical task is passed (90 minutes)
- Final stage, would be an interview with the hiring manager (60 minutes)
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.