Junior DevOps Engineer
7 days ago
The goal of the Platform Team at Wargaming is to provide a seamless and enjoyable experience to our players, decrease development costs and reduce the hurdles to publishing new titles. We seek to accomplish this by creating a common set of scalable, data-centric services and tools. Once implemented across Wargaming, developers will be able to release new products and major features in weeks rather than months. Publishing teams will have access to a greater level of account management and monetization options including player-customized, rule-based advanced commerce. The services developed by our Platform Team enable the global distribution and operation of all Wargaming studios and connect us to our 100 million+ audience.
Our Platform DevOps team closes gaps between software development and its operation and deployment. The team is responsible for incidents' resolution, consultations about the production environment, automation of deployments and configuration, and regular operations.
What will you do?
- Uses DevOps / SRE methodologies in practice.
- Finds a balance between automation and manual operation.
- Automates day-to-day tasks of the development team on demand.
- Independently finds gaps in knowledge and fills them.
What are we looking for?
- 1+ year of work experience in Linux environment ( troubleshooting, system tools).
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Jenkins/Gitlab, if administration only, also good).
- Programming experience in any of the programming languages: python, go, groovy, java, rust.
- Experience with nginx.
- Basic git skills.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Understanding of the DevOps methodology.
- Experience with monitoring systems Prometheus, Zabbix.
- Experience with mysql and postgres databases.
- Experience with cloud providers (last experience no more than three years ago).
- Experience with containers (docker, kubernetis).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.