Junior Dev QA Tester
Oslo 0153 NO
15 days ago
We have been around for 27 years – from critically acclaimed The Longest Journey and the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to brutal survival in Conan Exiles. We make games with an edge, and we have a great time doing it!
Now, our team in Oslo needs a Dev QA tester to work on a new open-world multiplayer game using the Dune IP from Legendary Entertainment. This is a position where the right candidate will see a steep growth into the position with the guidance of the rest of our QA team.
As a Dev QA Tester at Funcom, you will work alongside artists, programmers, and designers to help ensure we meet our quality targets. You will test features and changes before they are pushed to the dev team, as well as help reproduce tricky issues across multiple platforms, catching them in the debugger when possible. You will also participate in writing automated tests for new game and engine features.
We are looking for someone that has:
- An analytical mind
- An interest in programming
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language)
- Recently completed a bachelors’ degree or similar in a relevant field
- Experience using the Unreal Engine 4 editor
- Experience using Visual studio and C/C++ or other programming languages
- Experience as a QA tester is a plus, but not a requirement
* We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply (in English) as soon as possible! Average response time is 1 week.
About the Company:
The Funcom Oslo studio is a professional working environment with an international work culture, close to 100 people from over 25 different nationalities in one of the happiest countries in the world.
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values (check out our company values and history). For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio.
This is what successful Funcom employees have in common:
- They identify with, and embrace, our company values
- They have good written and oral communication skills in English
- They have a passion for games and your profession
- They are willing to relocate to Oslo
- They are able to work independently and to be self-directing
Working at Funcom Oslo offers a flexible 37.5h/week working schedule, relocation assistance, pension plan, healthcare package, social Fridays, free access to gym, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games!