Junior Designer - Onsite
10 days ago
- Do you want to start your journey as a game designer?
- Do you have the ambition, drive and passion to work on a new unannounced sports game?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Junior Designer and join our passionate and talented Rebellion North team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
As a Junior Designer your role is to support the creation of designs and prototypes for gameplay features based on the creative vision of the project. You will contribute to the game’s vision by writing detailed specifications of gameplay features to be used throughout the production process
This role would suit a passionate gamer with an awesome design portfolio, looking to start their games industry career with one of Europe’s biggest independent studios.
The Rebellion Design team delivers design for multiple high-end projects with a focus on optimising gameplay and delivery.
- Create detailed game design documents and prototype specifications which can be used throughout the production process
- Develop and iterate the game design through close collaboration with Artists, Narrative and other disciplines
- Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game
- Track and update the progress of day-to-day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
- Develop an understanding of project tools and their functions, the project file classification system and the process of updating engine data
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Support the Lead Designer in any ad hoc tasks and duties
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- Knowledge and understanding of creating game design documents and prototype specifications
- A passion for Gaming
- Basic knowledge of game engines
- Able to adapt to new processes or pipelines
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the video game development process
- Basic knowledge and understanding of production pipelines
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries