Junior Designer, Brand Team - Wurl
12 days ago
enables developers to grow their business. Businesses rely on AppLovin’s market leading technologies to solve their mission-critical functions with a powerful, full stack solution including user acquisition, monetization and measurement. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin was named one of the Best Workplaces in Advertising & Marketing 2022 by Fortune, one of the Hottest Adtech Companies of 2021 by Business Insider, and a Certified Great Place to Work in 2021 and 2022. Fortune recognized AppLovin as one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2022, alongside The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal who have also awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work for the past four years. Our team members are regularly recognized for their work and leadership, including recent award wins for San Francisco Business Times’ Outstanding LGBTQ+ Leaders 2022, Business Insider’s Rising Stars of Adtech 2022, Glassdoor’s Top CEOs 2019, and the Women in Content Marketing Awards 2021.
About the Role:
AppLovin’s Creative Team is a diverse and talented group of storytellers and problem solvers who are responsible for a range of products and brands in our portfolio. We are looking for a passionate Junior Designer to help grow and expand the visual story and design solutions for our Wurl brand—focusing primarily on digital campaigns, lead-gen guides and content, social media, presentation decks, events, and more.
Designers play a valuable role in how we share our story, and how we connect with our global audience. This position will serve as a supporting member of the Creative Team where we each bring something different to the table. You will be guided and supported by an Art Director, along with our VP of Brand and Creative, and a team of multidisciplinary creatives to help you navigate and communicate with our larger cross functional marketing team. Together we are thoughtful about our work and move at a swift cadence to support business initiatives that help drive our brands to the top.
**To be considered for this position, you must include your resume and portfolio.
- You are a self-starter, optimistic, creative, willing to be flexible, and can work both individually and as a part of a growing and talented team
- You take feedback well (and not personally) in a way that allows for collaboration and elevation
- You value “team”, humanness, and the concept that you are a part of a collective whole
- You find joy in solving problems, making things more usable on every level
- You are detail oriented, especially when it comes to typography and hierarchy
- You have great written and verbal communication skills—you can be clear and down to earth
- You are a keen learner and interested in understanding how the business works in a way to help you tell visually compelling stories
- You are a passionate, curious, hard worker
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing
- Follow the lead and direction from your Art Director
- Execute design needs for a variety of branded marketing content including digital ad campaigns, downloadable lead-gen guides/reports, social media, presentation decks, event collateral, and website graphics
- Collaborate and complete design layouts that have already been initiated
- Understand and visually communicate product functionality and benefits
- Contribute to problem-solve large/small initiatives with your art director and fellow designers
- Display an appreciation for user experience across communication channels
- Collaborate with our Sr. Creative Operations Manager to scope projects you own, along with driving your tasks through the finish line
- Utilize Asana as the primary tool for internal communication, status updates, delivery of files, and project management
- A thoughtfully presented portfolio, showing the ability to think conceptually and strategically
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, media arts, illustration, animation, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years of professional digital design experience, with an emphasis on branded campaigns and working in-house or an agency on a range of marketing materials
- Firm grip on basic design principles such as typography, composition, scale, etc
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Ability to grasp multiple design requirements with careful attention to detail
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Comfortable using Sketch and/or Figma. Bonus if you have experience with Premiere, After Effects, PowerPoint, and Canva
AppLovin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about EEO rights as an applicant here
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or recruiting process, please send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AppLovin will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in California, learn more here
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
If you are a California resident, read our CA Privacy Notice
to learn more about how AppLovin processes your personal information.