This job might no longer be available.
Junior Data Scientist
11 days ago
Our team's goal is to develop, build, and maintain a best-in-class analytical data platform. As a
central data hub for the entire studio (and third parties), we provide both insights and data tools
to further the understanding of our players and how they interact with the game. The team is
built around three core sections: Data Engineering, Analytics, and Data Science.
As Junior Data Scientist, it will be your job to build algorithms and design experiments that will feed into data products that support the games in commercial, marketing and gameplay areas, all under the supervision and mentorship of our senior data scientists. Predictive modelling, machine and deep learning approaches will be added to your toolbox, allowing you to become a key player in the gaming data science sphere. You will be encouraged to suggest new areas of investigation to drive player engagement and increase the bottom line.
This role is key to our future data science function, and to that end you will receive coaching and mentoring from our senior Data Scientists. You will work closely with our data engineers and analysts to build and release systems that will have an impact on our games, players and staff. There is a fascinating dataset waiting to be explored and exploited in endlessly interesting ways, and the data collected changes and expands all the time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with data engineering teams to build model deployments and data pipelines
- Collaborate with analysts to understand business questions and build better models
- Work closely with the Studio to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Stay up to date with industry and data science standard technologies, and evangelize them among the team when relevant
- Identify new avenues for exploration: combining game world data with game player data with commercial, marketing, store front and a myriad of other sources to forge new ground
- Coach, mentor and help build data science capability within ADSE
What you’ll need:
- Solid understanding of python
- Knowledge of machine/deep learning
- Experience with modern ML/DL packages
- Ability to design, develop, train, test, evaluate, deploy and manage different models
What will make you stand out:
- Experience with applied statistics
- Experience with big data ecosystems and infrastructure
- Experience in AWS
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.