Junior Data Engineer
Helsinki Metropolitan Area
8 days ago
Games Technology works with data and analytics, machine learning, build and submission tools, cloud infrastructure for service and game servers, and their in-house gaming cloud services platform, Beacon, to bring Rovio’s games to life every day. With a multi-national team of talented professionals, Games Technology supports tens of millions of players, hosts some of the most cutting edge cloud services out there, serves thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe, captures 4 Billion analytic events per day and over 1TB of data per day, and runs approximately 1300 instances on Amazon AWS. All of these services and tools enable successful live operations in Rovio’s games, allowing game teams to optimize player engagement and monetization.
Within the Games Technology group, the Data Engineering team houses the data craft experts and focuses on the data and AI related features of the platform.
We are now looking for a Junior Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. If you say yes to change the way games are being developed and run, you could be the one we're looking for.
As a Junior Data Engineer, you would help Rovio games by operating and maintaining data processing pipelines and analytics dashboards. You would be also participating in development of AI and data related features to our Beacon platform.
We expect you to be a developer-minded person with great cooperation skills. You enjoy working with a team on challenging problems and do not mind sharing your learning, good or bad.
- Develop and maintain our analytics solutions by participating development projects and daily operational work
- Support others as domain expert for big data processing and Rovio data
- Research emerging big data technologies
Who we think will do great in this role has:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Open source big data technologies and large data sets
- Relational databases and data warehousing
- A good knowledge of Python and SQL
- You are on good terms with agile methods involving Jira, GitHub, pull requests, planning and dailies
- Competence in Linux
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Passion for games!!!
We’d love if you have some of these:
- Amazon Web Services, especially with Athena, Presto, Spark, Hive and Flink. General understanding on deploying applications in AWS environment
- Data visualization tools
- Java; most of our services are currently in Java and having the capability to understand and modify these systems is beneficial
- Experience in the field of machine learning
What you get when you join our Games Technology team:
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious.
- Work in a truly international environment with more than 15 nationalities in our team
- First round: You will meet the hiring manager and potentially a senior member of the team. Before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are, what motivates you and what your experience has been so far. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio, the team you’ll be working in and the specifics of the role.
- Second round: A home exercise will be provided to work on in your own time. The aim is to get a clear overview of your technical skills.
- Final round: This is a discussion with the hiring manager as well as one or more senior member of the team to go over the home exercise results so we can better understand your thought process. We will also walk you through our relocation process if you will be relocating from abroad.