Junior Community Manager - Transformers
16 days ago
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. We launched our successful music game, Beatstar, in 2021, and are expanding on our music franchise within the business! We have a super creative casual project that we're preparing to launch globally this year, as well as some exciting projects we're working on behind the scenes!
Check out our artstation to get a glimpse of the other genres we’ve been working on.
In this role, you’ll be required to wear many hats! Your primary focus will be to engage & communicate with our TF:EW community on Discord, assist in creating our weekly Newsletter which is distributed to hundreds of thousands of players on a weekly basis and assist in sensitive cases that have been escalated by our Support team.
You will act as one of the advocates for the players, sharing and providing insights to the Community Team on a regular basis.
You’re a natural when it comes to chatting online. Communities in all shapes and sizes are what keep you enthusiastic and assisting in managing Discord servers is nothing new to you. You are comfortable chatting with a large audience and have a strong moral compass that guides your voice and choice of tonality. You’ve always felt that you have a calming effect on people and are able to switch easily between having blissful fun and talking seriously to agitated people.
We are looking for someone who knows Discord admin sections well, be it through private engagement or previous job experience, and is eager to make this growing platform part of their professional career.
- Be part of the Community Team that is the face of Transformers: Earth Wars
- Actively engage with our community
- Supervise our volunteer Discord moderators and Playtesters
- Ensure that guidelines and etiquette are followed
- Follow the game development closely and sync up with the team on all game changes and updates
- Relay important updates to our Discord user base
- Assist in driving continuous improvement of our Discord channels and the Discord technology we are using
- Assist our dedicated Support Team with general queries, and give guidance when necessary
- Tracking player sentiment (CSAT)
- Exceptional writing skills (native-level English)
- Experience moderating or managing communities either as a volunteer or in a paid position
- Embedded in the gaming world. You know your audience. Geeking out is second nature to you
- Being resilient in the face of challenging crowds is a must. You are the voice of reason calming down the room
- Be located in the UK
- Knowledge of the Transformers universe is of course a bonus!
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best places to work, for the last 5 years in a row!
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 5* Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched five games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.