This job might no longer be available.
Junior Artist Internship Placement
Stratford (London), United Kingdom
2 months ago
We are looking for a Junior Artist to join our art and licensing operations team. Your primary responsibility will be to create custom kit textures, logos, badges and 2D art assets for the Football Manager video game. However, we will look to support broader opportunities to experience and learn all aspects of games development in the Art discipline.
We can consider a three-month, 6 month or 12-month internship placement dependent on the candidate
- Learn and help develop the kit creation process for licensed clubs featured in Football Manager.
- Assist with mood-boards and image reference for kit and logo assets.
- Work closely with our art team to render kit textures for use in our games.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Studying towards BA in Computer Animation, Art, Games Development, Graphic Design Illustration or similar.
- Strong core art skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Passion for and knowledge of world football, specifically kits.
- Passion for and knowledge for video games.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify common themes across clubs, competitions and manufacturers in the world of sport.
- Examples of own custom textures for games or art / animation projects.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Active interest in football kit blogs and forums advantageous.
- 3D skills a bonus, Maya, Max, Unity, Unreal etc.
- Knowledge of Sports Interactive products highly advantageous.
Sports Interactive (SI) is the world’s leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI’s games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK’s top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward-thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff’s well-being with a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We’re also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. We are an equal opportunities employer who welcomes a diverse team and enjoys working in the community we serve. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.