12 days ago
Supermassive Games are a BAFTA-winning, independent game developer with a reputation for innovation in storytelling and VR. Best known for the critically acclaimed PS4 hit Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures Anthology.
We are constantly looking to take on new projects and grow, as well as push the boundaries in our established IPs. We want to create games people will love, cherish and remember. As such we are always on the lookout for new talent to help us on our journey and become a part of that journey.
We are looking for a talented Junior Animator to join us and help craft high-end cinematic horror-games. You will be involved in all aspects of the animation pipeline. From performance capture editing to hand key monsters. From realistic facial animation to stunts and deaths. From cinematic to in-game animations.
Key skills and Responsibilities:
- Key-frame animation showcasing principles and fundamentals of animation.
- A focus on delivering a great game experience.
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as environment, character, lighting and VFX artists, engineering and game designers.
- Willingness to give and receive constructive feedback in order to improve and grow
We will need to see a showreel which demonstrates a love for animation and the ability to create high-quality work.
This is a junior role, and you will be given time to, and expected to, learn on the job and up-skill as needed.
- MotionBuilder experience would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 would be an advantage.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with motion capture editing.
- The ability to create realistic bipedal animation.
- Knowledge of realistic facial animation.
- The ability to create realistic quadruped (and other animal) animation.
- Experience animating mythical beasts such as dragons or other monsters.
- Technical animation skills such as rigging, skinning and scripting.
Why Join us?
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- We make big games with small teams - you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive game