Melbourne Victoria Australia
15 days ago
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Electronic Arts’ Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We’re looking for a Junior Animator to bolster the art team on our wildly successful The Sims FreePlay mobile title. Candidates should have a strong understanding of character animation and anatomy of motion, the technical understanding to take their art from asset creation to engine, and the ability to communicate concisely with other disciplines including design and engineering.
- Animate characters for mobile gaming platforms
- Help define animation requirements and guide the modelers and technical artists with their development of characters and rigs
- Manage own animation assets from Maya to game engine and verify functionality in game.
Skills and Experience
- Animation production experience, with mobile development experience a big plus.
- Strong understanding of animation in Maya
- Ability to create streamlined, high-quality animation assets using restricted bone counts
- Understanding of anatomy, movement, weight, timing and character appeal
- Experience with Unity, Unreal or any other in-game animation state machine systems - would be a plus but not essential!
- It is required that you submit a portfolio/presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online presentation, or attach documents to your resume. All presentations must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for.
- Please apply with as many examples of the following as you can:
- Short animation piece that showcases your understanding of the principles of animation. Work should show you understand weight, timing, appeal and strong posing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of game-quality animation requirements and limitations
- Any art (traditional or digital media) that you have personally created.
- Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
- Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance
- Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
- Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
- Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
- Friday night socials and regular team building outings
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button. To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.