Middleton Wisconsin 53562 United States of America
12 days ago
Job Title:Junior Animator
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty ® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.ravensoftware.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ravensoftware , and @RavenSoftware on Twitter.
As a Junior Animator you will have a great understanding and a strong passion for creating both realistic and stylized animations. In this role you will be working alongside experienced Raven artists and the Motion Capture team to produce content for high profile games. You must be comfortable with all levels of ownership, from the taking of initial concepts through to providing high-level feedback.
You must be able to thrive in a challenging environment with an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, good visual aesthetic, and with a deep passion for playing videogames. Experience in first-person shooter (FPS) games and extensive knowledge of the Call of Duty games is very beneficial to this role.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Experience in creating high quality key frame and motion capture animations
- Create world-class First-Person animation for weapons, gadgets, player world interactions
- Work with engineers to develop gameplay animation system and mechanics
- Produce pre-visualizations and present concept ideas to the team
- Assist in troubleshooting Animation and technical issues.
- Collaborate with team to ensure project goals are met and delivered to the highest levels
- Work with the Motion Capture team to direct talent to capture the highest levels of performances
- Expected to give advice and mentor entry level Animators
- Minimum Requirements:
- Skilled in various areas of 3D animation and principals
- Solid First-Person Animation skills with excellent awareness for timing, weight and composition.
- Good knowledge and understanding in real world weapons and military warfare.
- At least 1 year of experience with animation in the video game industry
- Shipped at least one multi-platform AAA game title
- Proficient in Maya, Max, and/or Motionbuilder
- Can quickly learn and master new tools, processes and pipelines
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with other disciplines and departments
- Contribute and be part of a highly creative team, giving and receiving feedback
- Absolute passion for playing and making the industry’s best videogames
- Strong reel demonstrating excellent examples of keyframe and motion capture animation works.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.