Junior Animator Motion Capture Specialist - Temporary
7 days ago
JUNIOR ANIMATOR MOTION CAPTURE SPECIALIST - TEMPORARY
Who We Are:
Hello! We are 2K Mocap - a lean, efficient workhorse that produces motion capture, audio, and video assets for our developers and clients. We take great pride in our ability to capture, clean, solve, retarget, and deliver truly remarkable amounts of data at the highest quality. We love the art and technology of motion capture and have a lot of fun, combined with a true team spirit.
We foster an environment based on honesty, integrity, and the ability to pick one another up. Succeeding together is the source of our strength.
What We Need:
Do you have a keen eye for detail? Do you have a passion for storytelling and animation? We are looking for a sharp, patient and thorough Junior Animator with an enthusiasm for motion capture! You will be primarily responsible for mocap data clean up in Vicon Blade across all 2K Mocap projects. Additionally, you will participate in department meetings, including proposing ideas to encountered challenges.
You will also work closely with our Production Manager, ensuring they have the mocap data they need for delivery to clients. In between cinematic shoots, you will have the opportunity to learn about and contribute to the entire motion capture pipeline.
What You Will Do:
- Contributing to motion capture cleanup tasks
- Daily communication with the production manager and production team
- Submitting feedback on tools and pipeline bugs as well as proposals for new tool ideas
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You can recite the 12 fundamental principles of animation by heart
- You have a deep passion for performance and retaining motion fidelity
- You are comfortable with Autodesk Maya and MotionBuilder as well as video players like VLC and MPC
- You stay focused and efficient in the face of mountains of data and tight deadlines
- Your detail oriented personality, tenacity, and positive attitude easily overcomes any tedium presented by repetitive tasks
- You take direction well, are receptive to critique, and can yourself provide insightful feedback
- Appreciation for professional and constructive debate is necessary
- Any additional skills, such as facial animation, motion capture cleaning and editing, and programming, we consider a definite plus
- 1+ years industry experience or related internship
- Education in the field of 3D Animation, Motion Capture, or Film
- Proficient with VLC and MPC Players
- Proficient with Autodesk Maya and Motionbuilder