This job might no longer be available.
Junior Accountant (determined period contract)
15 days ago
Finance helps monitor our financial performance and ensuring all systems are in place to track current activity and forecast forward. Based in Bucharest, Romania and reporting to the GL Manager, the Junior Accountant prepares financial spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets), reports and proposals for using GL Manager, Budget Holders, Management and other Finance staff and external bodies (including VAT Authority, Fiscal Administration, internal auditors and suppliers).
About the role
- You will support the GL Manager in recording and retrieving financial details of the company, including maintaining financial records, processing payments, cash handling and salaries.
- You will apply basic accounting knowledge when producing financial documents such as journals, routine cost estimates or variance analyses.
- You will identify new methods and processes for establishing best practice.
- You will ensure all purchase invoices are signed as authorized by the appropriate persons.
- You will maintain the bank accounts and reconcile them to ensure funds are available to meet the payments.
- You will maintain banking relationships.
- You will maintain petty cash, including recording all payments made and reconciling the recorded balance to the physical cash held.
- You will forecast cash payments and anticipate challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- You will partner with finance team and controlling team in preparing monthly reporting for group and local authorities.
- You will partner with other departments and teams on a range of issues.
- You will analyze basic financial information in response to queries from Managers, suppliers and customers.
- You will create and develop accounting spreadsheets used in the Finance department.
- You will maintain departmental storage/archive system.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 2+ years of related financial/office experience;
- Excellent written and verbal English;
- Experienced in working with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working with departments throughout the organization;
- Experienced to changing needs of the Finance Team;
- Experience in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration, while coping with frequent interruptions;