This job might no longer be available.
Junior 3D Environment Artist
Sofia Sofia City Province bg
7 months ago
The Junior 3D Environment Artist produces modeling and texturing of 3D objects and graphical content of levels in accordance with the artistic direction and production deadlines. He/she is working under Lead Artist’s guidance having detailed instructions and frequent follow-ups. The Junior 3D Environment Artist works in collaboration with Concept/Lighting/Texture artists, Game and Level designers to ensure that there are no technical problems met, or hindering of the work of other team members.
- Produce modeling and texturing of 3D objects in accordance with the artistic direction and production deadlines with the frequent support and instructions of his direct manager
- Deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction
- Apply optimization to her/his work
- Efficiently apply graphic principles in her/his work
- Use and look for artistic references in video games or in other artistic domains in order to improve the visual aspect of the game
- Suggest images in line with the project's artistic direction
- Understand the desired gameplay intentions in the game levels
- Is flexible and able to adapt to different artistic styles
- Ability to work with Autodesk 3DS Max/Maya and Adobe Photoshop for game assets
- Ability to understand technical constraints and to integrate them when modeling
- Knowledge of modeling techniques
- Knowledge of texture mapping and material
- Understanding of art fundamentals –compositions, shape language, color theory
- Ability to iterate and build constructively based on others’ feedback
- Demonstrate ambition to meet high standards and strives for excellence
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines
- Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams
- A fast-learner with passion for games and good game culture
- A team player with good communication skills who adapts quickly
- Good English
- Informal, friendly and international working environment;
- Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry;
- Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings;
- Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more;
- Flexible working hours and additional days off;
- Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.
CONTACT: Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English and portfolio.
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class game dev studio. Throughout the years, it has developed a rich portfolio, ranging from casual to action adventure games, and covering a wide range of platforms and technologies. The Studio has brought its expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and Assassin’s Creed®.
For more than seven years Ubisoft Sofia has been a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed franchise, most recently taking a significant part in the development of Assassin’s Creed Origins, and also leading the creation of both its mythology DLC “The Curse of the Pharaohs” and Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered. After 13 years, more than 18 released games, and increasing its teams almost seven times to 230+ people, Ubisoft Sofia is currently working on contributing to a number of big Ubisoft's titles, including Beyond Good and Evil 2. The most recent achievement of the production teams in the Studio is the release of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, highly acclaimed by both players and critics alike.