This job might no longer be available.
Junior 2D Artist
7 months ago
Miniclip is looking for a Junior 2D Artist to hire in our Genoa (Italy) Games Development Studio. We are looking for a passionate and talented Graphic Artist with curiosity in Interface Design, Graphic Design, 2D art vector or raster and in the mobile game industry.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, good general art skills and be able to produce beautiful and polished assets following the specific art style requested, from previous assets, references, or from scratch.
This is a full-time position, please apply only if you have the right to work in Italy.
- Produce assets and artwork following a specific art style to support our games and products
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship
- Display knowledge of shape, colour and composition with a good general art foundation
- Create art assets from scratch following a specific art style
- Organize files and assets in a logical and useful manner according to the production pipeline
- Work closely with art lead, game designers, producers, project owners, and developers to define user issues and come up with the best solutions
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate should have attended art school, art courses (digital) or be a passionate self-taught with a general knowledge of graphic design and digital art
- He must be able to properly reproduce a given art style in Photoshop, both for User Interface or promotional images
- Knowledge of shape, colour and composition with a good general art foundation
- Be driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with frequently changing business needs
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- Ability to work effectively with small to large teams in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for entertainment and mobile games is a big plus
- Bonus if you can thumbnail and conceptualize ideas quickly
To apply please submit your CV, Portfolio and cover letter in English.
You will be working in our Games Development Studio in Genoa. Founded in 2004, the studio has developed over 400 games to date, and is filled with enthusiasts and professionals who are considered leaders in the games industry. We pride ourselves on maintaining a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. We encourage employees to challenge colleagues at console games and Miniclip games, or to shoot some pool.
Miniclip is a global leader in digital games with a mission of unleashing the gamer in everyone. The company develops, publishes and distributes highly engaging games to an audience of 200 million monthly active users across mobile, social and online platforms.
Founded in 2001, the Company has successfully grown a huge organic global audience in over 195 countries and across six continents. Miniclip has a unique understanding of the digital games space and has developed a strong portfolio of over 60 high-quality mobile games, extensive worldwide distribution and an internationally recognised brand name. To date, Miniclip franchises including 8 Ball Pool™, Golf Battle™, Football Strike™ and Agar.io™ have generated more than 2 billion downloads.
In the past year, we have been delighted to welcome the teams from Playsport (famous for Motorsport Manager), Yakuto (creators of Darts of Fury), and Masomo (home of Headball2) to the Miniclip family of companies.
For more information, visit http://corporate.miniclip.com.