Jr. to Mid Outsource Character Artist
7 days ago
Established in 2004, Lakshya Digital, a Keywords Studio, is the largest interactive entertainment and game development services studio in South Asia. We have game production studios in Gurgaon and Pune, and business offices in Tokyo, Japan and San Diego, California.
Our continued success is fueling the need to expand in the US and we are looking for top quality talent to become part of our studio in Bothell, WA. We are looking for a talented Jr. Outsourcing Character Artist that could support our projects. If you have a passion for art and working with distributed development teams around the globe, or if you are interested to experience what it is like to work on multiple AAA projects at the same time then dust off your resume, polish up your portfolio and send it to us for consideration.
This team is based out of Bothell, WA in the Seattle, WA area. Local candidates are preferred, but remote work is open to residents of the following states: Arizona, California, Florida, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington.
As an Jr. Outsource Character Artist, you will be an important part of our art team, supporting our efforts as we create and deliver the highest quality content possible for our clients. The ideal candidate will be able support our team in performing art reviews of incoming assets and enter that feedback into our issue tracking tools. Being comfortable with current asset creation tools and pipeline will be important as you may be needed to contribute hands on work, depending on the project. Our jr. Outsource Character artist must be organized, detail oriented and possess excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills. Previous experience working at a Game Developer a huge plus.
- Support art reviews, enter information into issue tracking tools, and support communication between PMs and Artists.
- Able to help with hands on work, depending on project needs.
- Able to support the creation of detailed documentation for art reviews.
- Able to communicate respectfully with peers and is customer focused.
- Support and participate in meetings.
- Depending on the project needs, able to create assets in a variety of software packages including, Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop.
- Experience with issue tracking tools like JIRA, Shotgun a plus.
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ industry experience working in game development.
- A sound understanding of current-gen game content development processes, tools, and pipelines.
- Skilled with all current tools and technologies; Maya or Max, Mudbox or Zbrush, Photoshop, etc.
- Portfolio that demonstrates solid understanding and proficiency in 3D sculpting, modeling, texturing, and material creation skills for creating characters.
- Proven ability to produce top quality content, using current generation game engines (Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard, etc.).
- Good eye for color, light, and visual design.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team attitude.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match