Jr. Systems Engineer
12 days ago
The Systems Administrator role involves taking responsibility for the successful management and maintenance of systems and services, and ensures that the production services perform effectively, while maintaining a high level of customer (internal and external) satisfaction.
This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly server and network infrastructure. You will troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, cloud and process problems in a timely, efficient and effective fashion.
You will be part of a team who takes ownership for provisioning systems and services to the business and has responsibility for the operational integrity of all deployed technology and ensuring that processes and governance are in place to minimize the risk to ongoing operations.
As a member of the Systems Infrastructure team, you will work with the local Engineering, Helpdesk and IT teams to support the London facility, and collaborate with the global software and architecture teams.
This role is primarily a hybrid role (after an initial on boarding period), located in our London offices, but will require trips to other (colocation) facilities around the London area.
We operate a flexible work schedule, based around core hours, with an optional paid weekend support rota.
What you'll do:
- Servers – Build and maintain physical and virtual server infrastructure, on site and in colocation facilities.
- Network – Expand, maintain and troubleshoot operation of network infrastructure.
- Storage – Manage SAN/NFS RAID storage servers and platforms.
- Automation – Identify, Develop and Deploy infrastructure automation to optimize existing workflows, and enable new ways of working.
- Cloud – Deploy infrastructure in the cloud for webservice and cloud render workflows.
- Security – Monitor, patch and develop security initiatives using SIEM tooling.
- Document – Develop new and update documentation and training material.
- Significant Linux experience - RHEL/Centos/Rocky or Ubuntu in Desktop and Server environments.
- Windows experience - Windows Server, Windows 10.
- Networking experience – Switches, VLANs, routing and firewall rules.
- Virtualization experience – Such as VMWare/vSphere, Nutanix, Docker/Kubernetes.
- Authentication experience - Such as Active Directory/LDAP, SSO, MFA.
- Hardware Troubleshooting – Such as bare metal servers or workstations.
- Some experience configuring network protocols - Such as DNS, DHCP, NFS, SMB/CIFS.
- Some familiarity with configuration management tools – Such as Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef, Terraform.
- Approachable with a can-do attitude.
- Experience in a Post Production facility.
- Further/Higher Education qualification in an appropriate field (e.g. Computer Science).
- Operational knowledge of Cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of PCOIP protocol and architecture.
- Mac OSX and MDM experience.
- Ability to script with Bash, Python, or PowerShell.
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law
Technicolor Creative Studios is a technology company working with creative companies across the world to help them produce their most iconic work. Our award-winning teams of artists and technologists’ partner with the creative community across film, television, animation, gaming, brand experience and advertising to bring the universal art of storytelling to audiences around the world. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising, and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony, and IKEA.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.