Jr. Systems Administrator
San Ramon, California, United States
3 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
Striking Distance Studios is currently seeking a Jr. Systems Administrator to join our team and help build our studio systems from the ground up. In this role you will be a significant contributor, not only to the SDS IT/Security team but a key partner to the game studio production and operation teams. You will also be responsible for building and monitoring the health and security of the SDS cloud infrastructure, working with external vendors, and responding to day-to-day operational requests. You will possess solid technical skills, including experience in various cloud-based and on-premise environments, SaaS based application support, and core IT/security operations experience.
Your responsibilities include:
- Serving as a trusted resource for Information technology and Security for the game studio
- Helping deploy IT/Security standards that help drive consistency across the game studio systems
- Staying abreast of current trends and best practices for your discipline and related systems
- Partnering with production teams to embed IT/security best practices into their development lifecycle
- Monitoring and improving current IT/security tools, including incident management, provisioning, and access management
- Supporting security activities such as system hardening, patching, and scanning for vulnerabilities
You will be a perfect fit if you have:
- 1-2 years in information technology with relevant security experience
- Any foundation level knowledge of cloud-based environments (AWS, GCP, etc.) desired
- Experience in identifying and resolving technical/security issues during systems implementation
- The ability to participate in multiple projects concurrently, effective at time management and organization
- Intermediate problem solving abilities, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding or ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Passion for the gaming industry, IT or security discipline
- Great collaboration skills and ability to work as a team across multiple disciplines
- Great communication skills, as well as good interpersonal and relationship building skills
Recommended Skills and Certifications
- Network, Systems or Foundation level Cloud certification desired