Jr. Game Developer
San Francisco, CA, United States
6 days ago
Grow your career at AppLovin.
At AppLovin, we build technology that helps make mobile games successful and enables developers to bring their games to more people around the world. Since we launched in 2012, our technology platform has been instrumental in fueling the explosive growth of many mobile games, including those developed by our own studio and by our studio partners. We’ve built an amazing team of talented people who are committed to helping the mobile games industry thrive. Lion Studios by AppLovin works with mobile game developers to publish, market, and grow their businesses. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Toronto, Herzliya and Berlin. Learn more at applovin.com .
AppLovin’s in-house creative team, SparkLabs, is looking for a Junior Game Developer who is proficient in mobile game development. You would be joining a team that is responsible for building a variety of 'mini-games' designed for mobile devices. The genres will vary from match 3 games to far more complex resource management and mid-core games. These games will be used to allow end users the ability to preview some of the largest mobile gaming apps in the marketplace.
If you are passionate about working on thoughtful and polished mini-games that have potential to reach millions of mobile users, join our team! This position will serve as a critical member of an impactful team that wears many hats and moves fast. This role requires someone who thrives in a diverse, fast paced environment where grit and resilience is valued as highly as operational excellence.
To be considered for this position, you must include your resume and samples of games you developed. If you have non-game related software development projects you’d like to share please feel free to do so as well.
- Create high quality mini-games representing top mobile apps in the marketplace
- Collaborate with design and business teams to understand partner objectives and achieve business needs
- BA/BS degree in computer science, game development or related fields; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with at least one popular game engine (e.g. Unity 3D, Unreal, CRYENGINE, GameMaker Studio)
- Motivation to maintain and improve game development standards
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and ability to execute high quality work within deadlines with little supervision
- Ability to grasp multiple project requirements with high attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications :
- 1-2 years of professional experience in game development
- Mobile experience and knowledge of the mobile advertising landscape
- Proficiency in Photoshop for basic image editing
- Proficiency in a foreign language
- A passion for games (of any type)
- Comfortable working in a fast environment that is constantly changing
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- Fun company parties and events
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it
Interested? Send us your resume and let's talk!