This job might no longer be available.
Jr. Game Developer
San Francisco, CA, United States
7 months ago
AppLovin fuels the growth of many of the world's most popular mobile games and game studios. Since 2012, the company’s technologies have been instrumental in driving the explosive growth of games from its studio partners and its own studios. AppLovin makes those same technologies available to all game developers, resulting in a richer mobile game ecosystem and better games for people everywhere. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally. Learn more at applovin.com .
AppLovin is one of Inc.‘s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
AppLovin’s in-house creative team, SparkLabs, is looking for a Junior Game Developer who is proficient in mobile game development. You would be joining a team that is responsible for building a variety of 'mini-games' designed for mobile devices. The genres will vary from match 3 games to far more complex resource management and mid-core games. These games will be used to allow end users the ability to preview some of the largest mobile gaming apps in the marketplace.
If you are passionate about working on thoughtful and polished mini-games that have potential to reach millions of mobile users, join our team! This position will serve as a critical member of an impactful team that wears many hats and moves fast. This role requires someone who thrives in a diverse, fast paced environment where grit and resilience is valued as highly as operational excellence.
To be considered for this position, you must include your resume and samples of games you developed. If you have non-game related software development projects you’d like to share please feel free to do so as well.
- Create high quality mini-games representing top mobile apps in the marketplace
- Collaborate with design and business teams to understand partner objectives and achieve business needs
- BA/BS degree in computer science, game development or related fields; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with at least one popular game engine (e.g. Unity 3D, Unreal, CRYENGINE, GameMaker Studio)
- Motivation to maintain and improve game development standards
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and ability to execute high quality work within deadlines with little supervision
- Ability to grasp multiple project requirements with high attention to detail
Preferred Qualifications :
- 1-2 years of professional experience in game development
- Mobile experience and knowledge of the mobile advertising landscape
- Proficiency in Photoshop for basic image editing
- Proficiency in a foreign language
- A passion for games (of any type)
- Comfortable working in a fast environment that is constantly changing
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- Fun company parties and events
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it
Interested? Send us your resume and let's talk!