Jr Campaign Designer
20 days ago
Job Title:Jr Campaign Designer
Here at Raven, we pride ourselves on our unique vision for the industry that continues to inspire us after more than 30 years. We developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. We treat each other with respect. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our mistakes. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are looking for people to grow with us. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Your mission is to develop, implement and tune player-first experiences that will be enjoyed by millions of gamers across the globe. Ideal candidates are an excellent and persuasive communicator, have experience with first-person shooter (FPS) games, fierce skills in competitive FPS games, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, a good visual aesthetic, solid scripting ability, strong sense of special design, extensive knowledge of the Call of Duty games, and a deep passion for playing videogames. This role will work alongside experienced Raven Designers to complete content for our high-profile games. All Designers work on in-game content. This is a great opportunity to further develop skills, help the team, and improve your portfolio and see your work on the market.
- Work closely with Senior Designers to deliver world-class gameplay experiences.
- Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure the authenticity of the experience.
- Implement the team’s vision for the game levels.
- Play builds of games in-progress and provide prioritized, constructive feedback.
- Work with teams throughout development to help create levels that meet team expectations.
- Practical understanding of the design process including level design, weapons, AI, controls, UI, etc.
- Functional command of a commercial 3D level editor (Radiant, UnrealEd, Hammer, UnityEd, etc.).
- Working knowledge of GSC, C++, C#, Lua, or another scripting language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must work creatively in a demanding technical environment.
- Can quickly learn and master new tools and implementation techniques.
- Absolute passion for playing and making the industry’s best videogames.
- We use Radiant, so having previous experience with it is a big plus .
- We use GSC for scripting, so knowing it is another big plus.
- Shipped game experience.
- Experience in another game development discipline (Art, Engineering, Animation, UI, Sound, etc.).
- Mod community experience.
- Film industry experience.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which includes:
- What excites you about working for Raven Software.
- What abilities or skills make you stand out against all the other applicants.
- Give specific, real-world examples of where you meet each job requirement.
- Focus on relevant experience to the position you are applying for.
- Demonstrate your track record of conceiving and implementing excellent gameplay.
- If you have a portfolio, showing off finished work is highly recommended.
* Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
** Depending on previous experience, you may be required to complete a Design Test.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.