Jr. Benefits Analyst (Temp)
New York, New York, United States
3 days ago
The Junior Benefits Analyst assists the Benefits Analyst and Benefits Manager with day-to-day operations including researching and resolving issues, responding to inquiries, billing, reconciliations, auditing, and reporting for the Company’s health & welfare, wellbeing, and 401(k) plans. This is a visible position at a successful video game company where high-touch customer service is a critical success factor.
- Assist with the day-to-day administration of the Company's US benefit plans and programs, including medical, dental, vision, wellbeing, EAP, HSA, FSA, commuter benefits, life/AD&D, disability, group legal, back-up childcare, fitness reimbursement, and 401(k).
- Research and resolve issues on weekly medical, dental and vision plan vendor error reports.
- Assist Benefits Analyst with researching and resolving employee and HR partner inquiries that are sent to the benefits email box. Respond to inquiries quickly, accurately, and thoroughly; resolve problems, conduct root cause analysis, and recommend process improvements.
- Regularly audit benefits data in HRIS, payroll, and vendor systems to ensure accuracy.
- Manage gym reimbursement process.
- Manage Company Perks.
- Assist Benefits Analyst with keeping benefits materials up to date on intranet.
- Respond to questions from the COBRA vendor and benefits broker.
- Work with Benefits Analyst to provide Finance with monthly financial reporting for medical, HSA, FSA and commuter benefits.
- Assist with drafting employee communications.
- Process employee benefits events in Workday.
- Assist Benefits Analyst with evidence of insurability process for life insurance elections.
- Assist with global wellbeing program operations.
- Provide support with creation of materials for global wellbeing champion calls.
- Assist with annual flu shot program.
- Provide open enrollment support.
- Provide administrative support for the Benefits team.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 1-2 years of benefits administration experience at mid-sized or large companies.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations that govern employee benefit plans, including ERISA, ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, Section 125, and DOL requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with HRIS and benefits modules is required. Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally, with strong client focus.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Proven ability to stay organized, set priorities, learn quickly, and inspire confidence.
- Ability to complete multiple projects within established deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Works well in a team environment.