Language Project Lead
15 days ago
Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry.
The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. By working as external development partner, we enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue chip client base in more than 20 countries. We recruit and develop people from the widest possible talent pool so that we can gain an insight into different markets and generate creativity in anticipating customer needs to become even more successful.
Established in 1998 and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 65 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia and over 8,000 passionate gaming employees around the world.
The Language Project Lead is responsible for the translation quality of multilingual projects they have been assigned to. She/he will support Project Managers and translation teams in dealing with linguistic issues, coordinating and supervising all the linguistic activities of multilingual projects.
The ideal candidate will have to:
- Support Project Managers and the translation team in dealing with linguistic issues
- Perform a preliminary analysis of the text to be translated to identify possible linguistic issues upfront and define initial guidelines for translators
- Manage and prioritize available reference materials
- Create and maintain project glossaries
- Manage, filter and solve translators’ queries
- Supervise quality assurance checks, with the aim to improve the final quality of translated texts, ability to identify and classify translation errors
- Perform linguistic and formal checks on translated text prior to delivery to client
- University degree (BA/MA) in translation/interpretation and/or foreign languages
- Excellent knowledge of English and mother tongue language. Knowledge of additional languages is a plus (expecially Arabic, Japanese, simp. Chinese, trad. Chinese). Italian is welcome but not mandatory
- Advanced use of MS Office (Excel in particular)
- Knowledge of main CAT tools (MemoQ in particular)
- 2+ years’ experience as a translator and reviewer in the videogame and/or localization field
- Previous working experience in translation/localization agencies is an advantage
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to focus on client’s needs and expectations
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in team and individually
- Flexible approach to people, projects, and assignments: ability to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Passion for the video game industry is a plus
What working in Keywords can offer
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Dynamic international working environment
- Casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment
- Possibility to work with skilled and passionate gaming professionals
- Possibility to work for world’s leading video game developers/companies
- We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can-do” attitude