Java Software Engineer - Battlefield Central Tech
14 days ago
The Battlefield Technology Team is home to remarkable technical talent building Battlefield tools and technology on EA's proprietary game engine, Frostbite. We aim to empower engineering and content creation with a myriad of tools and workflows, while empowering the multi-studio distributed development team to create connected experiences for Battlefield fans around the world. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products, and that's why we're dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we work towards a common cause.
We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer, who is passionate about developing systems and services to support the live operations and online gameplay for our millions of users.
You will work in small teams that collaborate to create solutions for our games, using modern technologies and frameworks deployed to cloud-based infrastructure. You will work with multiple existing systems; some developed here at Battlefield Central Tech, some developed externally. This will require working with a lot of different teams within EA and BCT. You will report into a Development Director.
You will work at the office located in Stockholm with the possibility of hybrid work 2 -3 days a week.
- Analyze game designs and propose technical solutions for how they can be achieved
- Develop distributed and resilient services
- Adapt central EA technologies to meet game design needs
- Use modern open-source stacks including Scala, gRPC, Finagle, and Linkerd/Envoy
- Deploy services on cloud-based infrastructures such as Kubernetes
- Oversee performance at the service level
- Develop live tools that we use to manage all aspects of our live games
- Integrate the tooling platform with other internal services
- 3+ years of experience in distributed, scalable, resilient, high-performing systems
- Knowledge of Git, or similar distributed source management system
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3+ years of experience with functional languages (Scala, Clojure, Erlang-Elixir, Kotlin, Rust, Swift, F#)
- Experience with cloud deployment, as AWS
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Java or C# and C++
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or modern stacks
- Experience with Docker or similar container formats, modern stacks