Java Software Developer (Front-End, Mobile Games)
1 month ago
PerBlue is looking for a passionate Front-End Java Software Developer to join our team of experienced game developers. We’re a growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions of people around the world, including our recently launched Disney Heroes: Battle Mode game.
Our team brings experience from major studios across the videogame industry. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we also work remotely around the United States and Canada for an unmatched quality of life and work.
You’ll work side-by-side with our cross-functional team of game developers to create amazing experiences for Disney fans around the world! You’ll deliver the client interface for new game features while polishing and refining existing interfaces. You'll take wireframes and mockups from our designers and turn them into production-ready live, interactive screens in our Java tech stack.
Get an inside look at what it's like to be a Developer with PerBlue here .
You’ll work with our front-end rendering engines, implementing the user interfaces for our hit game Disney Heroes: Battle Mode . Pushing the constraints of mobile technologies, your code will deliver top-notch graphics at optimal performance and create a pixel-perfect user experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field
- Strong C# or Java background with code samples
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of video game systems and mechanics
Your personal attributes
- Loves high-quality art and design
- Passion for all things programming with amazing technical skills
- Desire and willingness to learn new technology and tools
- Effective communicator and collaborator in both creative and development setting
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-focused environment
- Enjoys the Disney universe of characters and stories and can jump into related discussions
- Actively participate in PerBlue’s efforts to be a welcoming, inclusive and diverse workplace.
Additional desired experience to highlight in your application
- Familiar with LibGDX, and/or Spine animation framework
- Mobile development experience (Android, iOS/Objective-C)
- Experience as a front-end Java or C# developer for a personal, college, or professional video game project
- Motion graphics, animation, or graphic design experience
Benefits and Perks
We offer 6+ weeks of paid vacation and health, dental, and vision insurance as well as a well-matched 401k. We also support our remote team with a catered lunch delivery, snack box delivery, and a variety of other perks. You'll be part of an energetic, diverse, and collaborative environment with flexible hours. We are headquartered in the vibrant neighborhood around beautiful downtown Madison .
We’ve been named to several “Best Place to Work” awards by a variety of publications.
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good outline of this position but is not a comprehensive job description, so other responsibilities and duties may be assigned as needed. We regret that we cannot consider visa sponsorship or candidates based outside of the United States or Canada for this position at this time.