Java Developer - Streaming Platform
2 days ago
Want to create the world’s best mobile games? Have you got the skills to make that happen? We’re looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our Kingdom. You’ll be part of a team that speak your language, taking on complex challenges - using some pretty nice tech. Our games are adored by hundreds of millions of people, and you’ll be building them. As well as the engines and support systems that make them play brilliantly on any platform.
Your role within our Kingdom
Here, you will get the chance to tackle very big and fast data - over 120 billion events received from the games every single day, processed in real- time!
You will work closely with fellow data engineers, business intelligence developers, data scientists, business performance managers/directors and game developers across all our game studios.
The purpose? Ensuring that we stay ahead in the stream- processing- game, using the findings to create user- centric products, making our players happy!
Some of the fun stuff you´ll get to do:
- Develop, maintain and operate our large scale real- time stream processing platform
- Improve and automate monitoring and operational processes for our systems
- Research and prototype new backend solutions for data processing, analytics and storage
- Turn ad- hoc data science solutions into efficient, scalable models and applications
- Work together with fellow engineers from different teams on joint projects in King analytical space
- Promote team’s products to a broad audience of both technical and non- technical backgrounds and support/ educate users
Skills to create thrills
You are curious individual who really enjoys solving problems and are a big fan of "Great engineering". Eagerness to learn and trying out new techy things is traits that you can relate to being "you".
- Deep understanding of Java and object oriented design patterns
- Experience working in UNIX environments
- Experience with stream processing technologies (We use Kafka and Flink)
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
Making the world playful
When it comes to interactive mobile entertainment, we're pretty proud to be number one. We bring moments of magic to hundreds of millions everyday through games like Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way.