JAVA Microservices Developer
7 days ago
Starloop Studios is the leading Game Development outsourcing company in Spain. Known for its production capacity, outstanding talent, and delivering top-notch quality projects to international gaming companies.
We are proud members of Magic Media, a group of service-oriented studios focused on providing solutions from A-Z to game companies. The group spans the globe, with over 500 members in over 10 countries. It is composed of some of the best studios in Europe and America with an expert range of services. These include full game cycle production and development, 2D and 3D art and Animation, VFX, and Cybersecurity for games, and more.
About the job:
We are looking for a Java Microservices Developer who is self-motivated, goal-orientated, and a strong team player.
The ideal candidate will have extensive full-time experience in developing backend APIs for games using Java microservices. We are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting multiplayer games from a backend perspective, implementing mechanics like authentication, inventory management, matchmaking, etc.
- Hands-on experience in developing Java/J2ee, spring boot-microservices applications
- Experience architecting and developing MICROSERVICES, using Spring Boot and other modern Java technologies
- Develop online multiplayer backend services for the next battle royal shooter game
- Define and advice in architectural decisions for the backend infrastructure
- Take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code
- Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of an agile game production team
- 4 years experience in building and maintaining Rest API driven backend services for games
- Knowledge of Java 8+, Spring, MVC, SQL and Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
- Excellent communication skills
- At least one shipped multiplayer title
- Fluent in English
- Java microservices
Desirable pluses (just nice to have):
- AAA experience
- Experience working with Amazon Gamelift, Google Firebase or Microsoft Playfab
- Solid technical foundation (e.g. Computer Science / Maths Degree or equivalent)
What you will find working with us:
- Permanently remote position
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects.
- Be part of an international Group with offices worldwide
- Career growth and development
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- An inclusive culture and open communication
At Starloop, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!
Learn more about Starloop Studios:
- Website: https://starloopstudios.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/starloopstudios
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gaming/starloopstudios
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatstarloop/
Do you want to start working at Starloop? Send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.