Italian Games Tester
21 days ago
Bi/multi lingual in Italian?
Universally Speaking (US) are a world-class partner to the games industry – its on US to make sure the game is ready for release. Our customers trust US to make sure that their amazing Indie or AAA games are perfect before they are made available to gamers. It’s a big responsibility.
What will you do?
Play and test the games. Literally. But we need you be on it and all over it. Relentless with your approach to testing games. As an absolute perfectionist you will find linguistic bugs and report these back using bug database communicating across global boundaries in an unambiguous way which is why is really important you can communicate in clear English.
What would you do at work?
- Your job is to make sure games and applications give the best user experience by being linguistic bug free
- Check in-game text for linguistic accuracy and correctness, and its accordance to cultural rules
- To do this you will learn how to follow the Universally Speaking LQA process and professional standards which we have optimised over the years to be the best in the industry
- You’ll use a variety of industry standard bug databases to write detailed bug reports that get you noticed as someone who is trusted and cares about making games better
- Reporting issues is where it starts but you’ll also have ownership to ensure that bugs have been fixed and implemented correctly
- You’ll become the LQA Expert across a broad range of Indie to AAA projects and given areas of specialisation
- You’ll own, manage, create, and regularly execute test cases throughout the project life cycle. This includes document testing practises, LQA process & reporting methods.
- You’ll actively participate in test requirement gathering with developers to ensure Localisation QA effectively tests and supports all features of the project
- You’ll be one step ahead in looking at ways to make improvements, take ownership for additional activities and create efficiencies in the way you work
- Cooperate with the QA team
Measures of Performance:
- Quality, velocity, and precision of bug reports
- On time delivery
- Team working and communication
- Continuous improvement and knowledge of LQA workflow and techniques
You are a great match if you:
- Are an expert in Italian
- Have proficiency in written and spoken English
- Are passionate about video games
- Are a team player, with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines
- Are pro-active, tenacious, and enthusiastic
- Have a focus on quality and a keen eye for detail
- Are good with computers – word processing, database handling, record keeping, good working knowledge of MS Office Suit
- Have Right to Work in the UK
It’s really useful if you have some of the following but if not, we can teach you
- Previous experience in LQA, translation or proofreading
- Experience with working with the software tools in use for LQA testing (test case management and text editing tools)
- Working knowledge of CAT tools (MemoQ)
- Knowledge in video game industry and trends
- Desirable but not essential: Bachelors of higher degree in linguistic
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Lunch and Learns
- Management Development
- Wellbeing Portal including Live Chat and Support
- Mini Health checks
- Access to Counselling and structured therapy
- Online CBT
- Perks and Discounts
- Qualified nurses on hand to offer support on a range of medical or health-related issues offering practical information and advice
- Social events and celebrations