Investor Relations Lead
Los Angeles, California, United States
8 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
- Set the IR strategy and improve processes to increase the effectiveness of communications with institutional shareholders and sell-side analysts
- Oversee and manage quarterly earnings releases and conference calls
- Create and deliver all investor relations materials, including earnings releases, investor conferences and roadshows
- Manage and build the Company’s relationships with institutional investors and sell-side analysts by providing clear, accurate and confident communications
- Identify investors who are underweight Skillz and develop a strategy to target those investors
- Provide feedback and insight to executive management on investor sentiment and market conditions
- Anticipate market reaction to proposed transactions and operating results
- Initiate discussion with sell side analysts to understand their points of view and demonstrate the confidence to confirm or challenge those viewpoints
- Schedule and participate with senior management in industry and research analyst conferences as well as organize an annual analyst day for the financial community
- Provide regular updates to the board of directors on investor activity, stock performance, and peer company comparisons
- Ability to create and analyze financial models to analyze company performance relative to analyst and investor models and to effectively position the Company among its competitors
- High proficiency with Google Docs/Slides/Sheets, iPreo, Carta and Tableau
- Expertise in designing and maintaining an investor web page
- Must have strong work ethic, attention to detail and a desire to produce results
- BS/BA degree required in Finance or Accounting
- 3 to 5 experience in sell-side or buy-side equity research and 3+ years investor relations experience
- Tech industry experience required