Internship, Payroll [Operations]
Malmö Skåne County se
13 days ago
Thanks for your interest in Massive Entertainment - A Ubisoft Studio. If you've received this link, it's because we've been in touch with your school and we believe you could be a great addition to our finance team during an internship this Fall-20.
As a Payroll Intern at Massive Entertainment, you’ll learn about a crucial role in our Operations team – paving the way for our game developers to thrive and perform at their best.You'll learn how to manage our employee compensation process for more than 650 international office workers and game-developers. With a Lead and Mentor for support, you'll collaborate with 2 inhouse Payroll specialists, a team of financial planners (Busines Controllers), accountants, and a Senior Compensation & Benefits Specialist. We handle all payroll in-house which allows us to quickly implement new strategies, best working practice, and respond to the company’s needs with agility.
This is an unpaid internship based in Malmö Sweden and requires your presence on site. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/ cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the opportunity is posted.
Responsibilities & learning areas:
- Managing compensation packages using payroll software (Hogia)
- Investigating new methods, best working practice and tools to improve the efficiency and accuracy of our payroll process
- Calculating pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
- Updating electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay-rates and employee status changes
- Servicing ad-hoc queries regarding payroll from employees and upper management
- Investigating and resolving any discrepancies in payroll
- Preparing and submitting reports with payroll information to supervisors and headquarters (Ubisoft Paris)
As a person, you're adaptable, proactive, and thrive in a dynamic work environment. You have a service-mindset and understand the importance of confidentiality. Ideally, you're experienced with data entry and have excellent communication, interpersonal, and listening skills in both English (our company language) and Swedish.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Eligible for internship (see below)
- Currently studying payroll, finance, accounting, another similar field
- Some knowledge of relevant Swedish legislation, labor law policies and regulations
- Proven work experience with Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel)
- Familiarity with general accounting principles (desirable)
We're open to applications from students enrolled in a study program/school that we have a collaboration with. We accept applications from students all over the world, with the requirement that you're insured by your school, or privately, during the entire internship/thesis work. We cannot take on students for a period of less than two months, students who attend high school or are under the age of 18.
What should I have in mind when applying for an internship?
- CV – Include the focus of your education and the name of your school/university, as well as when you’re graduating.
- Cover letter – State the dates for your internship (start/end), as well as your preferred area of focus during your internship.
- Credentials/grades – Include portfolio or other work samples depending on your area of expertise.
- Insurance – You need to prove that you are insured during the internship (a liability insurance as well as an accident at work insurance).
- Non Disclosure Agreement-setup – We have a strict NDA-setup, so if you are required to report to your school, you are responsible for making sure that the information shared does not compromise our NDA’s before accepting an internship with us.