This job might no longer be available.
Internship - New Game Production
7 months ago
Are you a master organizer, creative problem solver, AND lover of Match3 games? This is your chance to make a lasting impact on one of Wooga’s yet-to-be-published titles!
Wooga is on its way to establish market leadership in story-driven casual games and create joyful everyday experiences for our players.
One of the key tasks in ensuring the enjoyability and thus the success of a game is providing a steady stream of fresh content for our players to enjoy. Working on our new free-to-play narrative title, you will help to ensure that the new game, will be soft-launched in tip-top shape and that our regular content updates are tested and polished without a hitch.
During this internship, you will get a first-hand look at what goes on behind the scenes of creating a new game. Using your creative and organizational aptitude, you will play an active role throughout the entire process of developing new content, including the phases of ideation, testing, and balancing. You will be supported by a senior product manager who will make sure you get the ideal foundation for going on to a thriving career in games.
This role is part of our Young Talents program, meaning it is an opportunity for students to get their feet wet on an exciting project with a great brand for your CV!
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Working closely with a Product Manager, Game Designers, and Producer to execute regular content updates and perform maintenance tasks
- Actively contribute your ideas and feedback to various phases of production of new content, from ideation to testing
- Help to optimize our existing content and develop methods to prioritize feedback based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Assist with user experience-focused Quality Assurance tasks
- Enhance the research database on genre-leading competitors and Match-3 specific and genre non-specific features to support Product decision making
- Experience the exciting game life cycle from creating the bare bones of a game to getting the first data of real users
- You are currently enrolled in a university program - preferably studying business administration, game design, computer science, or a related field
- You must be able to commit to at least 6 months internship or able to combine a 1-month internship with a year of part-time employment as a working student
- Love and passion for games (ideally casual or even better - Match3-games!)
- Be well-organized with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Analytical mindset and problem solving skills
- Content improvements are an enjoyable challenge for you, not an unwelcome chore
- Excellent English language skills are required
Nice to Have
- Bonus points if you have experience in data-driven research, writing sql queries or in using programs like JIRA or Confluence
As English is our office language, no German skills are required. But we’ll help you learn if you want to!
- Learn from a talented team at a company where story is the center of our products
- Join an unreleased project where you will be contributing to the game’s DNA
- Excite millions of players around the world every day through our games
- Don’t stop learning - join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafes, internal training, workshops! Make use of free German classes and great perks for students
- Work just minutes from the center of Europe’s most vibrant city and enjoy our unique office space
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.