International Diversity Equity and Inclusion Manager
12 days ago
Job Title:International Diversity Equity and Inclusion Manager
Job Title: International Diversity Equity and Inclusion Manager
Reporting To: Chief DE&I Officer
Location: King Office (London), Wardour St, Soho, UK
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The purpose of this role is to further a culture of inclusion and belonging at Activision Blizzard King, guiding the regional approach to engage and retain diverse talent in EMEA & APAC. Working in close collaboration with the Global ABK DE&I team, Head of HR and business leaders in region to drive the implementation of the Global DE&I Strategy, ensuring networks are supported, learning programmes meet business needs and DE&I practices are embedded throughout the business. Reporting to the Chief DE&I Officer.
This role includes, but is not limited to the following tasks/duties:
DE&I Operating Model – Performance & Collaboration
- Establish a DE&I rhythm of business with HR and Business Leaders in region
- Build strong relationships with HR and leaders across King, EMEA & APAC to understand needs and ensure relevance and adoption of programs, initiatives, and services
- Land scorecards and targets at the L4 level for King, EMEA and APAC
- In partnership with HR leaders and relevant business leaders, track and monitor Scorecard performance and establish closed loop corrective actions and improvements – in partnership with assocate ops (i.e scheduling minutes etc)
- Ensure that King franchises are connected and engaged with the DE&I taskforces (game, talent, network, etc.)
- Support the development, implementation, and monitoring of Employee Networks in Partnership with Global Employee Networks Lead
- Priority focus areas are EMEA and APAC multi-cultural, women and LGBTQ+ networks
- Manage relationships with network leaders and key stakeholders
- Employee Network leads engaged in Network Development Programme
- Facilitate collaboration cross regions, networks, and departments withing ABK
- Understand regional DE&I L&D opportunities, provide feedback to central team and define plans together with Head of Development and Enablement & HR/Business Leads
- Support roll out and implementation of central programmes in region
- Collaborate with regional leaders, HR, Comms, to support consumption of programmes.
2021 Success Factors
- Objectives set and cadence in place to monitor progress
- Scorecard alignment and adoption
- Increased number of active network participants in EMEA and APAC
- Set-up and smooth functioning of new to region networks and ROB/WOW defined for multicultural network
- A subject matter expert in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with prior working experience of formally leading the development and implementation of enterprise wide DE&I programs, processes and metrics
- Previous professional experience within employee experience, culture, diversity, equity & inclusion or similar
- Experience working with individual contributors, technical specialists, managers, and executives across a global organization.
- Passion for games/tech/entertainment industry; previous experience in games / tech / entertainment industry preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent project management skills together with the ability to work autonomously and pro-actively in a fast-paced, matrix and complex, agile environment.
- Ability to influence and partner with business units and HR leads to successfully drive initiatives, to gain commitment and support.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with ability to make recommendations to key stakeholders, business leaders and HR.
- Ability to build relationships and deepen connection at all levels and all dimensions of diversity across the organization, both virtually and in person.
- Shifts quickly into action and provides regular communication and updates on progress against objectives.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Team orientated and collaborative with the ability to work effectively, with a geographically spread team
- Strong EQ, with a passion for people and the power of diversity, equity, and inclusion to drive change
- Thoughtful, empathetic and creative in problem solving approach.
- Results-orientated and resilient to drive long-term impact.
- Resilient in the face of change with the ability to pivot, adapt, and perform in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to travel to support business needs
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.