This job might no longer be available.
Internal Communications Strategist
Los Angeles, California, United States
7 months ago
As an Internal Communications Strategist, you’ll help Rioters worldwide stay informed about what’s happening in and around Riot. You’ll develop and work on global internal comms plans for our People Department that support the rollout out of priority initiatives and changes. You’ll work as a trusted partner to our People teams and leaders on comms opportunities across the department. You'll master Riot’s voice and internal channels, helping us to strategically think about when and where we message things to Rioters on a variety of platforms. You’ll know and understand what's happening across the company, and surface stories that matter to the company and Riot's culture.
- Develop and execute communication plans and strategies for our People Department by helping partners balance, and address, both business goals and Rioter needs, and synchronize messaging beats for maximum impact across all our channels
- Identify and work on areas of opportunity where communication tools, messaging, frameworks, or channels can be improved for Rioters globally
- Cultivate relationships with global teams, and find opportunities to improve engagement with People programs and business operations from an internal communication perspective
- Be a trusted partner; quickly and effectively developing time-sensitive and critical messaging for the teams you support, while also evaluating and reporting on Rioter sentiment
- Play support on various internal comms projects as priorities change, whether it’s strategizing on a messaging plan, addressing a crisis comms moment, or executing on a Riot event
- Mentor internal comms team members on the ins and outs of HR communication
- Keep a finger on the pulse of Riot, surfacing stories and campaigns that reflect who we are, what we care about, and what we need to know as a company
- Build an authentic relationship with Rioters through transparent, thoughtful, and resonant messaging
- 5+ years of experience working within the comms space serving internal or external audiences; ideally your experience indexes deep in HR or business operations
- You have a diverse comms toolkit that you use to master any communication medium required
- You exercise great discretion as it relates to confidential and sensitive information
- You have a depth of understanding current trends in the internal comms space
- You know how to measure the impact and resonance of your work
- You're tilt-proof, and can quickly adjust to sensitive situations in an assuring manner
- Experience working with executives at tech or creative entertainment companies
- Passion for gaming and empathy for the player experience is a huge plus!
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and making decisions that focus on the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).