Internal Communications Strategist II - Creative Department
18 days ago
Riot's Internal Communications team members endeavor to shape our internal environment by creating communication plans, programs, and moments that celebrate Riot's playful, informal and passionate culture. We aim to communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's smart, well-crafted, and authentic. We cover everything vital to internal messaging and work across all teams to create a passionate and ongoing, lively two-way conversation between Riot and Rioters on the issues that matter most to players and to us. We love games and enjoy telling the emotionally resonant stories that connect us to players and our mission.
As an Internal Communications Strategist II, you will report to the Creative Operations Manager. You will help Creatives at Riot, worldwide, stay informed about what's happening in and around Central Creative. You will work with Creative Operations to work on communication plans and programs that support priority programs, changes, or milestone cultural moments. You will master Riot's voice and internal channels, helping us to think about how we message things to Creative at Riot across a variety of platforms. You will know and understand what's happening across the team and surface stories that matter to the company and Riot's Creative culture.
- Help develop communication plans and strategies for Central Creative that balance, and address, both business goals and Rioter needs
- Build areas of opportunity where communication tools, messaging, frameworks, or channels can be improved for Rioters globally
- Create visibility on creative department updates to creatives across Riot
- Support multiple internal comms projects (e.g. message planning, general events)
- Cultivate relationships with Creative teams, and find opportunities to improve engagement with our partner's programs and business operations from an internal communication perspective
- Keep a finger on the pulse of Riot, surfacing stories and campaigns that reflect who we are, what we care about, and what we need to know as a company
- Build an authentic relationship with Rioters through transparent, thoughtful, and resonant messaging
- 3-5 years experience working within the communications space serving multiple audiences; within the tech or entertainment industry
- Experience managing confidential information
- You have a baseline understanding current trends in the internal communications space
- You know how to measure the impact and resonance of your work
- A diverse comms toolkit to manage any communication medium
- Experience working with tech or creative entertainment companies
- Passion for gaming or empathy for the player experience is a huge plus!
- HTML fundamentals
- Visual Design skillsets
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).