Intern Cinematic Animator
8 days ago
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an exceptional and talented Intern Animator to join our team. A person in this position will learn how to create a character animation in all kinds of narrative moments such as cutscenes, interactive scenes and open world content. You will be cooperating with the designers on a daily basis as well as learning from other team members how to create games - from quest requirements, through mocap shoot, to finished animation.
- Learning how to be a game developer first, thinking about what our animations are going to look and feel like while playing the game.
- Creating animations to a given part of the game and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary team to create the best player experience possible.
- Delivering work in accordance with the artistic direction of the project.
- Learning to create high quality narrative animation assets from scratch or motion capture footage with help from other team members.
- Collaborating on a daily basis with Animation Lead.
- Discussing the estimated time required to carry out your own tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Learning to quickly draft animation to prove ideas.
- Learning from the most experienced members of the team and putting your own input as your qualifications grow with time.
- No industry experience is required.
- An animation reel containing personal shots demonstrating adequate key-frame animation skills, preferably done on animation courses or in art school.
- Proficiency in a 3D animation software package like Maya.
- Desire to create great games and a passion for animation.
- Collaboration with other people and being open to learning.
- Fluent level of English (spoken and written).
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Finished or participated in animation courses or workshops.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care and Multisport card.
- Fully equipped kitchens and fit vending machines.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines, and a few types of milk. :)
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- Dog friendly office.
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step-by-step assistance and ‘Relocation Package’ for foreigners willing to establish in Warsaw.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.