Intern - Associate Game Designer
2 months ago
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are creating a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game and are looking for Interns to join us virtually for Fall 2022.
Over the course of 13 weeks, a select group of university and college students will receive an outstanding opportunity to intern with our team. During the fall, Interns will engage with the team and gain relevant field experience through day-to-day training, hands-on projects, exposure to executives, individual development planning, and a mentorship program tailored for every individual.
- Dates: September 6 to December 2, 2022
- Hours: 40hrs per week (some flexibility on schedules)
- This is a paid internship
As an Associate Game Design Intern , you will be working with the team to help create awesome experiences for our players.
What You’ll Do
- Help build and iterate on levels/environments or core gameplay systems such as weapons, player abilities, or enemy AI.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and departments, working together to bring features to life and to high quality.
- Regularly play the game, providing constructive feedback and suggestions to other members of the team.
- Create and maintain design documentation for features you work on.
- Actively participate in team meetings and discussions by adding constructive, reasoned, provocative insights to the conversation.
What You’ll Bring
- Currently enrolled in a college or university working towards a degree with coursework in Game Design or Game Development
- Experience working in a game engine (preferably Unreal)
- Portfolio that showcases your design abilities and areas of interest
- Passion for RPGs
- Self-motivated, curious, and creative thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works effectively with diverse groups of people in a dynamic environment
- Well organized, good at time management, strong attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.