This job might no longer be available.
Intern 3D Animator (M/F)
4 months ago
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ live with original and memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
Being part of Montreuil production studio, you will join the production team of Ghost Recon Breakpoint!
You will join the animation team and participate in the development of the animations using the characters and objects to construct the animated scenes of the game:
• Discover the game design documents in order to get to know the list of characters and take an inventory of their actions taking particular attention to their personalities and movements
• Get inspired by the Artistic Director of Animation’s references and directives to understand the quality objectives in regards to fluidity, uniformity, justice, etc...
• Use 3D models and rigs created by the character modelers to develop animations which respond to the style chosen
• Interact with the programmers and DT Animators to know the game engine possibilities in order to get the best animations possible which respects the technical restraints
• Verify the quality of the animations integrated into the game by playing regularly and bring improvements to optimize the hard disk and to assure uniformity and coherence with the other aspect of the game
• Correct the animation bugs, for example, weight perception problems or discontinuity of movement entered into the database by the testers
• Document your work by archiving regularly and keeping the documents up to date.
• You are a student in a 3D animation school
• You are familiar with 3DS Max and Motion Builder
• You are a self-learner – Be able to learn proprietary software and tools.
• You have a strong understanding of animation principles such as staging, squash and stretch, timing, etc.
• You have knowledge of the human anatomy, physiological reactions, body language and proportions in character concepts in order to express character emotions through movement
• You have a keen interest in the video games industry and have a strongly video game orientated background
• You have excellent communication and adaptation skills
• You are proficient in English, enabling you to converse with non-French-speaking colleagues within a multicultural team on a daily basis.
• Motion capture experience
• Technical Skills - Rigging and skinning, scripting
6 months internship starting ASAP in Montreuil
To apply, please send us your demoreel and resume.
Ubisoft veille à développer un environnement de travail inclusif qui reflète la diversité de sa communauté de joueurs dans ses équipes.
En tant qu’employeur, Ubisoft offre à tous les mêmes opportunités d’accès à l’emploi sans distinction de genre, ethnicité, religion, orientation sexuelle, statut social, handicap et d’âge.