Intermediate World Builder
5 days ago
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a World Builder to join us and help build the backyard for Grounded, our new cooperative multiplayer survival-adventure game.
This position will work closely with the Art and Design Directors, strike team leads, and other developers in a collaborative environment to create a fantastic, yet believable, world. The ideal candidate is someone who has a flair for assembling captivating environments focusing on visual storytelling using an established library of assets.
- Set dress, beautify areas, sculpt terrain, place foliage, and arrange props
- Assemble tilesets according to designer layout
- Create props and environment assets to populate the game
- Validate and optimize assets to ensure usability across multiple platforms
- Review levels for visual integrity, playability, and enjoyment
- Participate in the feedback loop, accepting critique and providing it within the art and level design team
- Engage with production team to stay current on scope
- At least one shipped title
- Proficiency with modern game editors such as Unreal Engine, CryEngine, Source, or equivalent
- Ability to evaluate and understand the mechanics of a game and create 3D layouts complimenting the experience
- Ability to adhere to tight schedules and assist others in meeting deadlines
- A keen eye for environmental and visual storytelling
- Strong communication skills
- Experience modeling, unwrapping, and texturing 3D assets for Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with real time and static lighting of environments in a game engine
- Proficiency in Substance Painter
- Proficiency in Maya or 3ds Max
- Passion for gaming and the games Obsidian makes
- A web portfolio that demonstrates world building
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.