This job might no longer be available.
Intermediate Software Engineer - Platform
19 days ago
Job Title:Intermediate Software Engineer - Platform
Want to be responsible for the gaming experience of millions of players? How about building the infrastructure that supports players from around the world?
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot, and Skylanders.
Our services impact almost half a billion players, we solve big company challenges with a small company feel.
If you’re excited about working with technologies for low-latency, large scale systems in a collaborative environment then we’d love to hear from you!
You will join our Tooling team and will enable our engineers to achieve more. The tooling team is the first and loudest customer of new changes on the internal Demonware platform. Building tools for a diverse set of problems from server capacity planning and management, service monitoring tooling infrastructure, system inventory and server provisioning.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to move into an entry level role, influencing change and providing solutions for Demonware’s engineering challenges. We also help set the standards for all deployment, configuration, and operation of the game servers.
Day to Day:
- Develop new tools to improve workflows across the organization
- Own, operate and support the tools and automation that you and your team develop
- Drive design of the software produced on the team, as well as define technical standards and patterns
- Identify problems or inefficiencies facing our engineers and drive adoption of new tools, process or infrastructure to help improve productivity
- Provide outstanding support to the engineers who utilize and depend on your tools and automation
- Take ownership of problems and projects which require in-depth evaluation
About you: Technical
- 1+ years relevant work experience in high-volume and highly-available production service environments
- Experience working in a distributed Linux environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain existing and build new tools in Python
- Experience with at least one major data store such as MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Experience with automated deployment on CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with Kubernetes or Docker containers in development and production
- Tenacity for debugging and solving technology problems at root cause
About you: Soft Skills
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills
- Passion for understanding and solving your customer’s problems
- Passion for Automation
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.