This job might no longer be available.
Intermediate Software Engineer, Client Code
11 days ago
Job Title:Intermediate Software Engineer, Client Code
Who we are:
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players’ online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
About this role:
We are looking for an Intermediate Software Engineer and you will be joining the the Platform department whos' responsible for providing technology and processes that enable teams to do that effectively. Teams depend on the Platform Department to build, deploy and operate their services. For them to meet their commitments not only does the platform need a rich feature set, it also needs to be stable and reliable. Our goal is to deliver world class infrastructure to support Demonware’s Game Services teams.
- Developing & maintaining our core C++ networking libraries that support online and multiplayer game features
- Build features that are reliable and scalable
- Own, operate and support the features you develop
- Integrate our features into game-specific engines
- Troubleshoot online and multiplayer features
- Travel to our game studios to work with their development process, from design to delivery
- Provide insight and mentorship to Demonware’s backend engineers on best practices for game studio development and integrations
- Work as a partner to game studios and their engineers
- Proficient C++ programing
- Proficient scripting skills, ideally in Lua or Python
- Good understanding of networking technologies used in online game technology, e.g. UDP/TCP, NAT Traversal, security
- Worked on online features or systems
- Has initiative, and is able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Database design, including MySQL and NoSQL databases
- Worked in a Linux environment
- Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox One, and PS4
- Experience with mobile game development and shipping an online mobile title
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, pension and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.