Intermediate Generalist Software Engineer - SKATE
9 days ago
Intermediate Generalist Software Engineer
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to bring an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
Full Circle is seeking an Intermediate Generalist Engineer to join the Skate Team
- Collaborate with designers and artists to prototype, iterate on and polish new game mechanics.
- Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features.
- Architect and document gameplay systems.
- Work with the central Frostbite engine team to develop systems that can be shared across games.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Someone with a passion for creating games.
- Ability to collaborate across disciplines.
- Knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Experience debugging runtime systems.
- Understand performance implications of Gameplay systems & algorithms.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of multiplayer game development
- Experience with AI, physics, animation, input, cameras and/or other common gameplay systems.
- Familiar with basic game development technologies such as Perforce, Visual Studio.
- Familiar with scripting languages (Python, Lua, Ruby) and interpreted languages. (C#, Java)
- Knowledge in a second field, such as physics or mathematics.