Intermediate Gameplay Developer
Halifax NS ca
15 days ago
Ubisoft Halifax is looking for a new addition to our Programming Team! As an intermediate Gameplay Developer, you will work closely with our game team to design, implement and maintain new game features, third party SDKs and gameplay-related systems.
Our Studio is looking for an enthusiastic developer who loves games as much as the technology that drives them. This person will integrate their demonstrated track record of curiosity, ingenuity, and personal development into a small, diverse and close-knit team where a good sense of humour and a positive attitude are extremely important.
- Design and implement game systems which meet production goals and consider codebase longevity.
- Meet time commitments to design, develop, and/or optimize gameplay features on mobile projects within Unity.
- Advise and collaborate with the Production Team to develop architectural approaches for desired features.
- Plan, design, and implement efficient and maintainable code in C#
- Document existing systems and perform analysis on legacy systems to collaboratively determine optimizations and improvements!
- Communicate implementation decisions both verbally and through written documentation to the Team.
- Aid more junior Developers!
Scope and Contribution:
- Implement game features, build prototypes and collaborate on new design concepts for internal testing!
- Work closely with QA and Designers to ensure game features are implemented as planned and function as intended.
- A BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years working experience in software game development, ideally in a similar role.
- Two (2) years experience in cross-platform development using Unity, ideally on Android and/or iOS platforms.
- Experience with Unity animations and models in 3D space.
- Object-oriented design skills and proficiency in C# programming and debugging.
- A passion for improving the quality of software architecture.
- An ongoing interest in and knowledge of software engineering 'best practices',
- Ability to work both independently and within a team!
- Ideally, have shipped at least one (1) game, app, or demo on iOS or Android.
- A demonstrated ability to install and work with third party SDKs and packages within Unity.
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas/New Year Holidays
- Affordable Gym membership
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- Flexible Work Hours and a healthy work/life balance
- The ability to work alongside an international and diverse team
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Challenge Accepted? Join us and create the unknown!
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax) within the historic and iconic Keith's Brewery Market. The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many resturants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic and cooperative, with communication between teams and an emphasis on team-building!
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.