4 days ago
RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE - OUR NEWEST IP!
East Side Games (in collaboration with external partners) is working with an exciting IP, RuPaul's Drag Race, to create a fun Narrative Idle mobile game that celebrates drag culture ! As an Intermediate Artist/Animator , you’ll work with the Lead Artist to add sparkle to our game through glitter FX and character animation! With a focus on inclusivity and diversity , your input will help this game join the ranks of our other world-class IPs and faithfully represent LGBTQ2SA+ & BIPOC communities. Please be aware that we are a remote-first studio and do not provide an office space for employees.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with the Lead Artist to develop new game features and create lots of fun content for RuPaul’s Drag Race!
- Add life to our Queen’s with character animation and a variety of different FX features, as we prepare for worldwide launch!
- Utilizing Unity, Spine, Adobe Illustrator and Animate to design, build and animate optimized assets in varied styles in accordance with project specifications.
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines to bring your tasks from initial concept to full implementation.
- Research, analyze, and report on trends in the Mobile game industry so you can assist us in providing the best player experience possible.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Working knowledge of Unity and Spine is a big bonus.
- Production-level knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Animate & Illustrator is a must).
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Game Development, or related industries. Mobile, F2P, or idle game experience is a HUGE plus!
- A portfolio of polished work that showcases vector examples, character animation and concept work that demonstrates your iterative approach to development.
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic studio.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and orally.
TO COMPLEMENT OUR CURRENT TEAM, YOU ARE
- A mobile game fanatic. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and have the attitude to get things done.
- Hungry and humble, you place the needs of the project first.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Your values are governed by diversity and inclusion.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally... And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits !
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio's growth.