Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions and Axis & Allies 1942 Online, is looking for a full stack web developer to help us bring our games to life. Your experience with Node.js, React, Postgres and Docker will be a vital part in building new game experiences on a strong technical foundation.
As a full stack developer, you'll get to help build and maintain our upcoming and existing web projects, while working alongside a team of developers and artists as we engineer new ways to enjoy our games.
- Work as a member of a game team to implement game systems, features, and enhancements
- Maintain existing game code and infrastructure
- Expand existing codebases to support new platforms
- Develop and maintain frontend and backend systems and infrastructure
- Deploy and manage applications in AWS
- Troubleshoot, profile, and optimize performance bugs or regressions
Qualifications and Technologies
- Proficient in frontend web development, particularly with React framework
- Proficient in backend server and database technologies
- Knowledge of WebGL
- Comfortable working in agile development, preferably on a variety of team types.
- Experience working with Docker in development and production contexts
- Experience developing REST APIs
- WebGL development with PixiJS
- Shipped products on iOS and Android mobile platforms
- Experience with Fastlane to deploy on multiple platforms
- Experience with real-time networking using libraries such as Socket.IO
- Familiarity with Github Actions for CI/CD
- Experience in the game development industry is a bonus
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes & heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
- Lunch and Learns
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress code
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.