Interface (UI) Developer
5 days ago
As an Interface (UI) Integrator at Ubi Quebec, you're part of a team of UI enthusiasts within a AAA game project. The core of your work is to ensure the integration of UI elements and graphic animations into the game. To do this, you work closely with UX designers, interface (UI) artists, UI programmers and other developers from various disciplines. You also support the technical director/lead in his choices of graphics feature development. The ultimate goal is to develop a fully functional AAA gaming interface and HUD.
You're at the forefront of your field, curious and passionate by nature. You constantly investigate, create and integrate new techniques that will allow your team's feature to set new standards and become a reference in the industry.
What you will do
- Ensure the integration of the graphic elements and animations of the user interface in the game;
- Enforce implementations and respect technical limitations;
- Ensure that interface elements can be rendered without compromising artistic vision while respecting device and user boundaries;
- Read Game Design's documents in order to know the experience we want to give to players;
- Create mockups, animations and other simple prototypes to consolidate the creative vision;
- Ensure technical maintenance and bug fixes throughout each production phase;
- Ensure technical consistency through profiling and optimization;
- Analyze and participate in the improvement of integration tools and methods;
- Support teams to promote the sharing of best practices;
- Define and document workflows for creation and maintenance, production pipelines and best practices.
What you bring
- Degree in web/multimedia integration or in video game creation or any other relevant experience in the field of interface (UI) development;
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, workflows and technical implementation;
- Knowledge of motion graphics;
- Knowledge of graphic optimization practices;
- Knowledge of interactive UX principles;
- Affinity with problem solving and creative DIY;
- Strong communication skills, written + verbal;
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies;
- Collaborative behavior, comfortable in a dynamic interdisciplinary environment;
- Knowledge of industry standard engine constraints (an asset);
- Knowledge of responsive layout (an asset);
- Knowledge of 3D (an asset).
*Skills and knowledge come in many forms and can be based on relevant experience, so we strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet all the requirements listed above.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, experience, skills and games delivered;
- A demo of your best work with an explanation of your steps (seriously, show us your process!). Attach files or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.