Integration Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
Melbourne Victoria VIC 3000 Australia
14 days ago
Job Title:Integration Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII . Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As an Integration Engineer you will:
- Support code and asset integrations across multiple internal and external development branches
- Develop, modify, debug and deploy build tools software in C#/Python/C/C++
- Collaborate with internal and external Activision studios developer to understand their changes, and resolve integration conflicts
- mprove and optimize existing build/asset pipeline, workflow, and Continuous Integration systems
- Communicate with production, QA and leadership teams on build status and known issues
- Document software and features for internal and external engineering teams .
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Proficiency in C++, C#, Python, and Batch Files
- 1+ years programming experience
- Knowledge of CI solutions, e.g.: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
- Knowledge of Version Control systems & branching, e.g. : Perforce, Git, Mercurial, etc.
- Some e xperience with systems integration, verification and validation
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internally and externally developed code
- Ability to work alone and self-start er
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support internal and external team members
- Creative, articulate, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Familiarity with PS4, Xbox One and/or PC tools and release processes
- Previous game technology experience; engine programming, pipeline architecture, tools, etc.
- Experience with task tracking software (DevTrack, Hansoft, Jira, etc...)
- Experience with Puppet, Docker
- Experience with Powershell
- Experience with Linux, CentOS & Ubuntu
- Distributed build system experience, e.g.: Incredibuild, SN-DBS
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.