This job might no longer be available.
Integration Engineer, Partner Success
Irvine, CA, United States
6 months ago
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated for several years by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work." We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about gaming, and the platform and technology that drive player experiences.
The Battle.net & Online Products (B&OP) organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences. B&OP is responsible for several platform products that are shared among all of Blizzard’s games.
We are looking for a passionate and skilled Integration Engineer to join the Partner Success team within B&OP. This team partners with the development studios inside Blizzard and Activision to integrate games into the Battle.net platform. This position will often be the first technical point of contact for teams integrating new games onto the Battle.net platform. This is a new role will be responsible for the successful onboarding, delivery, and support of first- and second-party integrations.
You will interact with technical leaders and varied levels of staff within B&OP and on game teams from across the organization, including World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Hearthstone, and Call of Duty. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned technical partner with prior experience with large scale complex online services, a passion for building great experiences, and the ability to create successful partnerships across organizations.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Master of the Platform: Develops and maintains a strong understanding of all the platform's features, the capabilities it unlocks, it’s current integration pain points, and best practices in order to provide strong proactive guidance to technical personnel responsible for integration. This person is going to need to be able to empathize with teams implementing our tech across the entire gaming hardware landscape (PC, Mac, Playstation, Xbox, Switch, iOS, Android space).
- Create Connections: Develops and maintains strong relationships (providing indirect leadership) with the technical contacts by serving as the principal day-to-day point of contact for all things related to the successful technical integration onto Battle.net across Blizzard Entertainment and Activision Publishing.
- Manage the Noise: Provides regular communication (cross- and intradepartmental, internal/external, and cross-hierarchy) to ensure transparency and progress of projects. Cuts through the ambiguity to identify the core issues (both procedurally and technically).
- Accelerate the Process: Communicates dates, capacity, metrics/results, and prioritization to make sure we are executing on high profile deliverables. Negotiate agreements that meet critical development and launch deadlines while maintaining positive relationships. Focuses on delivery while keeping a vision to create a repeatable process.
- Design Success: Ensures that software is being developed at high quality. Establishes how to technically roll out new products and features to maximize the platform’s potential. Balance the need to maintain platform and customer experience while ensuring game launch timelines are met.
- Drive Change: Works with a mindset of continuous improvement that uses data and retrospectives to guide our future processes. Assess current processes to ensure that we are focused on a smooth end to end experience that provides the best experience for integration (including identification of areas that can be automated).
- Technical integration experience with strong indirect leadership skills.
- Java development experience, this will not be a hands-on coding role but knowledge of complex Java based systems is needed
- Background in development, technical project management, or QA
- Prior programming experience
- Be self-driven, and show the ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration
- Experience in working within disparate global teams
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to provide structure in an unstructured and rapidly changing environment
- Highly motivated and with a positive attitude
- Seeks out opportunities for improvement on a continuous basis
- Knowledge of large-scale, complex online services
- Love of Games
- Geeks out over being a conduit
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!